Friday, June 08, 2007

Zoe can Walk!

It is so incredible to see her walk after all this time. She literally just started walking on her own today. It started with Kia this afternoon, and by the time I got home from work, she was in rare form. She was so excited to be able to walk, she was just walking all over the place and giggling and laughing. She'd fall down, and Kia and I would cringe, but she'd just get back up and walk some more.

Here she is walking on her own for the 1st time:



Of course, as any parent knows, this is a double edge sword, cuz now that she is fully mobile, we have to be even more attentive of her activity. We now have to run out and buy gates to block her in, and keep her off of the stairs. Whose idea was it to get a 2 story home??? (I think Kias)

Other milestones:
She is saying more words....
1st words were Mama and Dada, at around 6 months
2nd word was Dog (although she drops the G)
3rd word was Hat (she drops the T)
4th word was "Ball" (she drops the L's)

I know... I know... "If she is dropping the end of the word, how do you know she is saying what you think she is saying??? She's just saying Ba, Da, and Ha"
-Well, in addition to saying the words, she signs them too.

In addition to the actual words she is saying, she is just always talking and running her mouth about something. And if she gets hurt or upset, she'll unload on the nearest person or object. For example if she falls and hits herself on the banister, she'll point at and talk trash to the banister. So cute...

Last week we got her a new Car Seat. We still have her facing the rear but that will have to end soon cuz she's getting so big.

Sleepwise, she is doing really well. She is sleeping through the night again (after about a week of her waking up every night). She goes to sleep at about 7pm and has been waking up lately at around 4:45am.

I know there are things I'm leaving out, but I need to go to sleep now. I'll add more at a later date.

Here are a few "current events""

  • Paris Hilton went to jail. (and was released 4 days later, today in fact)
  • The San Antonio Spurs are playing the Cleveland Cavs in the NBA Finals (SA is up 1-0)
  • The Democratic front runners for 08 are Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and John Edwards. Republicans have Mit Romney and Rudy Giuliani

No comments: