Zoe can now hold herself up on a ledge and stand and look around
She is doing a LOT more talking these days
She is eating baby food now (as opposed to just breast milk... aka: booba juice)
She can't quite crawl yet, but is getting the hang of being on her hands and knees. Last night, I dreamt she could walk. It was crazy.
She rubs her eyes when she is tired.
Yesterday, I got her laughing by tickling her hips in her crib.
She is starting to point at things that she finds interesting or that she wants.
Yesterday, we were talking to our new neighbors Lynette and Tim at the Lemonade stand Trinity and JT set up. Tim asked if he could hold Zoe for a while. Zoe went to him willingly, but after abut 45 seconds, she began to display the dreaded bottom lip so Mom took her back and all was good.
Kia has taken Zoe to the gym a few times. She drops her off at the child care center and she does incredibly well. No fussing or crying for Mommy. So Kia can actually get a good workout in!
One of our favorite games is to play on the stairs. She'll sit up until I say "come to daddy!" and she'll lunge forward into my arms. It is the sweetest thing.
She is beginning to recognize and play with Lucky more now. She likes to play with (tug on) his ears.
Oh yea!!! Some of the best news is she is sleeping through the night (most of the time). We put her to bed at around 6pm, and she sleeps until about 5am (that's the only drawback). Kia and I trade off on who gets to (has to) get her in the mornings.
Right now, she is sitting beside me @ 9:05am being a sweetheart. She is playing with my "special" Starbucks coffee cup.
She woke up last night at around 4:30am so after Mom took a shot at quieting her, I brought her downstairs w/ me. She kept saying "dadn", I'd repeat it back to her and she'd say it again. It was very sweet. Sometimes, she'd switch it up and add a syllable or two, or she'd just say "Da".
And finally... about 2 weeks ago her 1st tooth came out! Her front left tooth appeared!!! Followed a few days later by her front right tooth. Sooooo cute. I can't even describe.
Kia and I love her sooo much and are very lucky to have her.
Today is the superbowl (i think 41). Indy is playing Chicago. The year I was born, Dallas won the superbowl. Does that make me a bandwaggon fan??? I digress.
I just tried to get a picture of her teeth. It didn't quite work out. It looks like i'm mugging her.

Anyhow, my mom sent a picture of me when I was 8 months old (coincidentaly ((or not)) Zoe is 8 months old.
Here are pics of us both @ 8 months: Hard to believe, but Zoe is cuter!
No comments:
Post a Comment