Friday, July 31, 2009

A few anecdotes:

Kia and I were talking about Zoe and Kia said, "I wonder what Zoe is going to be when she grows up?". To which Zoe replied, "I'm going to be a Pumpkin"

Kia and I were trying to get Zoe to do... something, neither of us can remember exactly what we wanted her to do... We were both telling Zoe to come here and do whatever it was we wanted her to do... She kept objecting saying "I want to give Ryder a hug"... for whatever reason, we weren't listening to her and weren't letting her finish her sentence or give Ryder the hug... We were basically just talking over her saying "COME HERE!"... Finally, she got fed up and yelled back at US, while pointing her finger at us for emphasis... "I WANT TO GIVE RYDER A HUG!!!" We both held back our laughter and Zoe proceeded to give Ryder a hug and then came to do whatever it was we wanted her to do.

Last night, for the most part, Ryder slept through the night... You normally wake up at 5am and cry in your crib until we get you at 6am. This morning, you woke up at 5:30am and instead of crying until 6am, you just played around in your crib. Mom and Dad hope you keep this up...

Lastly... Zoe, like Ryder, we recorded video of you immediately after you were born. Shortly before we left Arizona for Virginia, we wanted to look at your video. I went to get the video only to find that I could not find it. I tore the house apart looking for the video, but couldn't find it anywhwere. I told Kia that I couldn't find it and we were both pretty devastated. I always held up hope that it would materialize because I couldn't imagine what could have happened to it. Well, last night I decided to go over all of the tapes that we DO have to see if it was in there but mislabeled or something. Long story short... I FOUND IT!. It was on a tape labled 2007 (you were born in 2006). Both of us were very happy to have found the footage.

No comments: