Yesterday was Zoes 2nd birthday.
We started the day by opening some birthday presents.
She got waaaay to much stuff (Thanks Grandma!)
Here are some of the gifts she got:
Dishwasher
Wooden Kitchen Set
8 Little Monkeys book
A train set
She went to school and her class had a Birthday lunch! They had cupcakes and sang Happy Birthday. Kia and I attended, yes, we are those parents.
Zoe has started getting “Timeouts”.
For the most part, she does well with them.
Some things we’ve given her timeouts for:
- Kicking, laughing and being generally uncooperative while we attempt to brush her teeth
Today was Zoes last day of PreSchool. They had a graduation ceremony for the older kids, but the younger kids participated too by singing songs and things.
It was kind of ironic, I've always subscribed to the view that all these graduations are silly (kids "graduating" from kindergarden, 6th grade, etc...). But there I was, watching my baby "graduate" from... not even real pre-school! Surprisingly, it was kind of an emotional event. Not emotional in that she was graduating, but more in that while I was watching the "older" kids get their "diplomas", I couldn't help but think about Zoe being up there in a few years, and then graduating from high school, college, etc... I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a lump in my throat.
Moving on.... Zoe has been going around the house practicing the songs she is learning at school. Because she is attending a Jewish school, they teach her songs in Hebrew, so she is singing songs in Hebrew and Kia and I have no idea what she is saying. It’s very funny.
She also likes to sing her ABCs, 5 little monkeys and twinkle twinkle little star.
Right now, Zoe keeps interrupting me to have me read books to her. She’s very demanding. She won’t let me blog…. She finally settled in with an Elmo book.
She and Lucky have become good buddies. She feeds Lucky from her high chair. She loves to chase him around the house and basically torment him. Every now and then she gets a little excited and whacks him or pushes him. He just takes it like a man, cuz he knows better.
She loves to go to the park and play. Her favorite thing at the park is the swing. She could swing for hours. Unfortunately, these days, the swings get really hot so she can’t get on them.
Zoe just brought a toy into the office and started playing with it. She keeps forcing me to look by saying “Look daddy, look!”.
A few days ago, we all went to the swimming pool. They installed a new toddler pool and it is fantastic. She was able to walk around on her own, except for one slight misstep. She got into “deep” water and lost her balance. I wasn’t close enough to her to catch her fall, so she fell face first into the water, she was completely submerged! Needless to say, I immediately snapped into action and saved her. She was pretty shook up about it as you might imagine, but she got over it pretty quickly and went back in the water.
We took her back a few days later and she waded around on her hands and knees, which we thought was a pretty big deal.
Finally, since Zoe is no longer X number of months old this will be my last posting of Zoes "monthly pictures". *With a bonus picture.
Zoe is 24 months old!
Here is a comparison of Zoes 1st "monthly" picture (9 months old) vs her last:

Current Events:
- Obama has all but sewn up the nomination as Hillary Clinton inserted her foot into her mouth commenting on the assassination of Bobby Kennedy.
- Average Price of gas: $3.55 and rising.
No comments:
Post a Comment