On her 10 month birthday, Zoe hit a new milestone. I'll paste an email I got from Kia that describes her new "skill":
Okay, so it's been an hour since I tried to put her down for her 2nd nap! Of course, the reason for that is b/c she did a big unexpected poopie. Then, I peek in on her and she is sitting up in her crib (she did it on her own!). Then I hear a yell that is distinctive, so I just know she is standing up in her crib, and low and behold she is standing up facing her changing table just babbling and looking so pleased with herself.!
I just ran in to check on her again, it is clear that she has tried to stand up in her crib again, but it has gone awry. She was sitting up with one leg entirely sticking out between the crib rails, with a look on her face that said, "what do I do now "? I laughed my ass off. She dove into the corner of her crib (she had to fold herself in half since her leg was stuck) to try to hide from me. Oh my God, Corey, it is hilarious.
Twice now she has come down from the standing position. The first time she stood up, she plunked down straight onto her bottom, bouncing up and down. The second time she stood up, she plunked down on her bottom again, but titled sideways and hit her head a little. I sat her upright, and she looked to me as to whether or not to cry, so I quickly erased the worried look from my face. A long delay and then she cried, but really I think it was b/c she was frustrated by falling down, or b/c she wanted to get back up and couldn't.
She thinks it is terrific! She stands up looking out her bedroom door, yelling triumphantly at no one in particular. Right now I am in the office and she is pulling books off of the bookshelf, loving it.
She won't take her afternoon nap now b/c her crib has now become a jungle gym. I hope this is not a sample of naps and bedtime to come.
10 months old today and already everything has changed. Can you believe our wonderful girl? Wait until you see--you are going to laugh your ass off. This of course, does not help things b/c it only encourages her. Little silly girl.
So, out little girl is growing up... Here is her 10 month pictures:
No comments:
Post a Comment